Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19 - On Waiting

Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:4-5

Thought for today: We live in a society where waiting does not seem to be an option.  Everything is instant from gratification to groceries.  I teach at a college and find that students want to learn things instantly. Yet, in this psalm we see David indicating that He waits on the Lord all day long. This waiting is tied to being shown by God His ways. Perhaps, the more we wait on the Lord, seeking His face in prayer, the more we shall become like Him.  This day, may we all endeavor to slow down, waiting on the Lord and seeking to learn all of His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment