Translate

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 12 - Silence

To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock:
Do not be silent to me,
Lest, if You are silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.

 

Psalm 28: 1 (NKJV)

Thought for Today: What is the biggest fear of mankind?  No, it is not war, famine or disease.  It is simply silence.  We do so much to fill our lives with noise that we don't take time to be silent.  We crave peace and tranquility but then, when we have a moment to be silent we realize how painful silence can be.

Do you think that God is silent?  Perhaps you have been waiting for a prayer to be answered or for some direction in your life.  Do you feel as David writes that you will go down to the pit if you don't receive an answer? Maybe the answer is in the silence.  Perhaps God is waiting for you to abandon your own will and trust solely in His perfect plan for you.   Will you trust Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment